ACCESS Laboratory Members
Abel Hailemichael received his Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering from the Addis Ababa University in 2009. He later received his Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from Polytecnico di Torino in 2015. In 2016, he joined the North Carolina A&T State University to pursue his Ph.D. degree. His research interests include “Testing and Evaluation of Autonomous Vehicles,” “Fuzzy Logic Systems,” “Aerial and Ground Robotics”. He is a member of Autonomous Cooperative Control of Emergent Systems of Systems (ACCESS) Lab and Autonomous Control and Information Technology (ACIT) Institute. He was awarded for Best Autonomous High Altitude Landing by American Helicopter Society.
- M.Sc., Electronic Engineering, Embedded Systems, Polytecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy, May 2015
- B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, July 2009
- Testing and Evaluation of Autonomous Vehicles
- Fuzzy Logic Systems
- Aerial and Ground Robotics
- Best Autonomous High Altitude Landing, 2016 Micro Air Vehicle (MAV) Challenge, American Helicopter Society, 2016
High Frequency Electromagnetic Mitad, Addis Ababa University, Tadeweos Getahun , Abel Hailemichal, Demeke Zegeye, Patent application number, ETUM2009/595
- Abel Hailemichael, Mohammadreza Behniapour, Ali Karimoddini, “Development of an Interval Type-2 TSK Fuzzy Logic Attitude Controller for a UAV,” The 2018 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS'18), 2018.
- Abel Hailemichael, Solomon Gebreyohannes, Ali Karimoddini, Kaushik Roy, Abdollah Homaifar, “Development of a Generic and Configurable Fuzzy Logic Systems Library for Real-Time Control Applications Using an Object-oriented Approach,” Proc. of 2018 Second IEEE International Conference on Robotic Computing (IRC), 2018.
- M. Behniapoor, Z. Yuan, A. Hailemichael, V. K, B. Bowles, A. Karimoddini, A. Homaifar, “Development of a Micro Aerial Vehicle,” Proc. of 2016 World Automation Congress (WAC2016), Puerto Rico, July 31 - August 4, 2016.
- Perez Acle J, Hailemichael Abel, Cantoro R, Sanchez E, Sonza Reorda M, “Observability solutions for in-field Functional Test of Processor-Based Systems,” IEEE Conference on Design of Circuits and Integrated Systems (DCIS), Lisboa, Portugal, 2015
- Abel Hailemichael, Tadewos Getahun, A. Demeke Zegeye, “Microcontroller Based High Frequency Electromagnetic Mitad,” Ethiopian Society of Electrical Engineers (ESEE), 3rd National Conference, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.