ACCESS Laboratory Members
Alejandro White received his Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering from the North Carolina A&T State University in 2003. He later received his Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech) in 2007. In 2013, he joined the North Carolina A&T State University to pursue his Ph.D. degree. He defended his PhD dissertation on fault diagnosis of Discrete event systems in 2017. His dissertation title was “Failure Diagnosis of Discrete Event Systems Under Unknown/Uncertain Activation Conditions”. His research interests include “Hybrid Control systems,” “Discrete Event Systems,” “Reliable Control Systems,” and “Robotics”. He was a member of Autonomous Cooperative Control of Emergent Systems of Systems (ACCESS) Lab from 2013-2017. His PhD dissertation was on "Failure Diagnosis of Discrete Event Systems Under Unknownn/Uncertain Activation Conditions." He was awarded an Internship by Air Force Research Lab for Summer 2016 and 2017.
- PhD., Electrical Engineering, North Carolina A&T State University, 2017
- M.Sc., Electrical engineering, Virginia Tech, 2007
- B.Sc., Electrical engineering, North Carolina A&T State University, 2003
- Hybrid Control systems
- Discrete Event Systems
- Reliable Control Systems
- Outstanding Graduate Researcher, TECHLAV DoD Center of Excellence, 2017
- Summer Internship, Air Force Research Lab, Munitions Directorate, FL, 2017
- Summer Internship, Air Force Research Lab, AFRL Information Directorate, Rome, NY, 2016
- Alejandro White, , Ali Karimoddini, Rong Su, “Fault Diagnosis of Discrete Event Systems under Unknown Initial Conditions,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, DoI:10.1109/TAC.2019.2912712, 2019.
- Alejandro White, Ali Karimoddini, “Event-based Diagnosis of Flight Maneuvers of a Fixed-wing Aircraft,” Journal of Reliability Engineering & System Safety, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2019.106609.
- A. White, A. Karimoddini, “Asynchronous Failure Diagnosis for Discrete Event Systems,” Proc of 2017 IEEE American Control Conference (ACC 2017).
- M. Karimi, A. Karimoddini, A. White, W. Bates, “Event-Based Fault Diagnosis for an Unknown Plant,” Proc. of 2016 IEEE 55th Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), Dec 12-14, 2016.
- A. White, A. Karimoddini, “Semi-Asynchronous Failure Diagnosis for Discrete Event Systems,” Proc. of the 2016 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC2016).