ACCESS Laboratory Members
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
North Carolina A&T State University
Greensboro, NC, 27411
Wendell Bates received his Bachelor of Computer and Electrical Engineering from the Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University in 2008, and his Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from the Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University in 2011. He then joined the BMW Manufacturing as a Quality engineer. In 2016, he joined the North Carolina A&T State University to pursue his Ph.D. degree. His research interests include “Reliable Control Systems,” “Hybrid Control systems,” “Discrete Event Systems,” and “Robotics”. He is a member of Autonomous Cooperative Control of Emergent Systems of Systems (ACCESS) Lab and Testing, Evaluation and Control of Heterogeneous Large-scale systems of Autonomous Vehicles (TECHLAV) Center.
- M.Sc., Electrical engineering, Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, 2011
- B.Sc., Computer and Electrical Engineering, Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, 2008
- Reliable Control Systems
- Hybrid Control systems
- Discrete Event Systems
- 2nd place, Aurdodrive Challenge 2019
- Summer Internship, Air Force Research Lab, AFRL Information Directorate, Rome, NY, 2017
- M. Karimi, A. Karimoddini, A. White, W. Bates, “Event-Based Fault Diagnosis for an Unknown Plant,” Proc. 2016 IEEE 55th Conference on Decision and Control (CDC).